Winter Support Information
With things feeling a bit more challenging this winter, we wanted to provide some information on things that maybe helpful to you.
Please find information below on Foodbanks, Warm spaces, financial support and support with furniture and appliances in your home.
Hinckley Christian Community Action
Hinckley Area Foodbank
Phone them: 01455 697390
Email them: email@example.com
Information about how to access the foodbank - https://hinckleyarea.foodbank.org.uk/get-help/
Hinckley’s warm spaces
Public buildings and spaces across the borough are being converted into ‘warm spaces’ this winter to help those struggling to heat their homes as the cost-of-living crisis bites.
- Unitarian Chapel, 4 Hinckley Great Meeting Chapel, Baines Lane, Hinckley LE10 1PP: Saturdays 10am to 1pm
- St Mary's C of E, Church Walk, Hinckley LE10 1DW: Monday to Saturday 10am to 1pm
- We Care UK Trinity House, Hinckley, LE10 0NF: daily 10am to 1pm for pensioners and 4pm to 8pm for families
- Hinckley Library, Lancaster Road, Hinckley: Monday 10am to 5pm, Tuesday 10am to 1pm, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 5pm
- The St Francis Community Centre, Tudor Road, Hinckley, LE10 0EQ: 4pm to 8pm - Saturday 12 November, Saturday 10 December, Saturday 7 January, Saturday 21 January, Saturday 11 February, Saturday 11 March
- Hinckley URC Church, The Borough, Hinckley LE10 1NL: Thursday afternoons 2pm to 4pm
- Westfield Community Centre, Rosemary Way, Hinckley, LE10 0LN: Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm weekends by arrangement. Book in if transport required/drop in/referral
- Holy Trinity Church 1 Cleveland Rd, Hinckley LE10 0AJ: Tuesdays 10.30am to 12 noon
- Hinckley Baptist Church, Baptist Walk, Hinckley LE10 1PR: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10am to 3pm from 3 October 2022 to the end of March 2023
- St John's Church, 351 Coventry Road, Hinckley, LE10 0NF: Monday 9am to 12 noon drop-in session, Friday 9am to 4pm drop-in session (Oasis, pay as you can café, will be open 10am to 2pm) and Wednesdays from 10am to 3pm from 3 October 2022 to the end of March 2023
- Baptist Church, Baptist Walk, Hinckley, LE10 1PR: Mondays and Wednesdays 10am to 3pm starting 3 October 2022 to the end of March 2023
- St John's Church, 351 Coventry Road, Hinckley, LE10 0NF: Monday 9am to noon, Friday 9am to 4pm (Oasis, pay as you can cafe will be open 10am to 2pm)
Household Support Fund
The Household Support Fund is provided by the Government to local authorities to support families with children and individuals most in need. It replaced the Covid Local Grant Scheme (CLGS).
Work-Link Project - Furniture Project
3 Jacknell Road (Head Office)
Public phone: 01455 636506
Website URL: www.worklinkproject.org
Service offered: Provide donated furniture, bedding and curtains to individuals and families in need who are in receipt of state benefits. PAT tested items such as ovens, TVs and washing machines are also available.
Target group: People in need in the local community who are in receipt of benefits and the general public.
Area served: Hinckley and surrounding areas.
How to contact: Phone/Website.
Tuesday: 10am - 12 noon, 1.30pm - 3pm
Wednesday: 10am - 12 noon, 1.30pm - 3pm
Thursday: 10am - 12 noon, 1.30pm - 3pm
Friday: 10am - 12 noon, 1.30pm - 3pm.